royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incorrect descendent CSS output
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2018 22:08:59 GMT
Hmm. I wonder if CSSSemanticAnalyzer.resolveSelectors could stuff the selector namespace into
the ICSSSelector. It seems to be looping through them anyway. ICSSSeelctor would need a new
property for this.) Is CSSSemanticAnalyzer.resolveSelectors called before JSCSSCompilationSession.cssRuleToString?

> On Jun 6, 2018, at 1:01 AM, Harbs <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I’m not using menu, and it’s pretty doubtful anyone else is using it yet either,
so yeah, it’s probably safe to remove it temporarily. Not sure which other elements might
cause problems.

> Another one which we really should fix is Button (because Button component styling effects
every button element in the app even if it’s not a “Button” component). That’s something
I’ve struggled with... But removing that one is going to cause problems…

> I did notice that CSSSemanticAnalyzer is checking for the xhtml namespace, but it’s
only doing so for the default namespace. ICSSSelector seems to have a prefix, but no namespace
(unless I’m missing something).

> Harbs
>
>> On Jun 6, 2018, at 12:51 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>
>> The data structure seems to have a slot to hold a namespace.  I think there is code
somewhere that checks the namespace to avoid the outputting some error, but it may not be
storing it.

>> The short term solution may be to remove menu from the list of htmlelements.  Does
anybody actually use it?

>> HTH,
>> -Alex
>>
>> On 6/5/18, 2:46 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>   I think it’s line 189. It checks if the lowercase string matches. Only if that
check fails does it enter the logic to figure out where to insert the dot. I’m really not
sure how to fix this though… :-(

>>   We’d need menu{} to stay menu{} for html elements, but become .menu{} for other
component types. FWIW, I think all selectors are case insensitive.

>>   Harbs
>>
>>> On Jun 6, 2018, at 12:32 AM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com.INVALID> wrote:
>>>

>>> On 6/5/18, 2:29 PM, "Harbs" <harbs.lists@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>  Done.
>>>
>>>  That does seem to fix the problem.
>>>
>>>  Of course, things like .Menu{} (for org.apache.royale.html.Menu) now became
Menu{}. Considering that Menu is actually a List which is a div and not a menu element, this
will break any styling applied to Menu components… There might be others. Not sure what
the easiest way to solve this problem is.

>>> I'm not sure what that would be the case.  Maybe debug through it or add System.out.println.
 I think ArrayList.contains() is case sensitive, so I'm surprised that "Menu" is matching
"menu".