royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.9.3 Release
Date Thu, 17 May 2018 08:58:35 GMT
Sure. Same here.

But things are much more stable now. As we move closer to “1.0”, I think we should be
more careful about breaking changes and documenting them when we decide they are necessary.

As far as these specific changes go: We haven’t even come to a conclusion on what (if any)
package names should change yet, and including those changes in a release is premature. If
we do change package names, I’m of the opinion that they should be decided on and all happen
at once to minimize impact on end-users.

Does that help clarify things?

Thanks,
Harbs

> On May 17, 2018, at 11:49 AM, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> We are at the point where people are using Royale in production. While we can make
breaking changes if they are warranted, they should be kept to an absolute minimum and be
carefully considered and well documented if we do.

> There has been many previous breaking changes that broke the application I was working
on and some more major than this and cost me a lot of time to fix. Until you make it version
1.0 I think people will expect that some things may break with a new version. So why should
this be an exception to what has happened before? Saying that however, what would be good
to see is to provide guidance to what users need to change so their app works with any changes
/ backward compatibility issues.