royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discussion] Package change names (was Re: 0.9.3 Release)
Date Mon, 21 May 2018 16:35:53 GMT
No. Just referencing the Jewel TextPrompt would bring in the class. As long as the Basic swc
is available, it’ll just work. Assuming any piece of Jewel uses Basic, I think Basic should
be declared as a dependency by Jewel in Maven. With other build types, the swc should always
be available. Only the actual class used should be imported into the app, so that’s not
a problem.

> or do you like more TextPromptBead than TextPrompt?

I actually prefer dropping the word Bead, although I think consistency is important.

FWIW, I’ve done a few beads where the component name is different than the class name. One
example is <js:ApplicationParameters> where the class name is org.apache.royale.html.beads.ApplicationParametersBead.

I don’t know if this a good idea but it’s what I did… ;-)

Harbs