royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Layout optimizations
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2018 17:29:20 GMT
You can see the areas I commented out or removed in the MXRoyale branch.

1) There is no need for slots for measuredWidth/measuredHeight on UIBase.
2) LayoutBase should not assume each host needs measuring or cares that
its measurements might change.
3) The measurement, when needed, should be generated by loading a bead and
asking the bead for the measurement.

If our examples have been working fine, then we should really think hard
before adding weight to those simple examples.

My 2 cents,
-Alex