royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Thanks-to and IDEs pages for review
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2018 20:41:17 GMT
Hi Dave,

> Hi -
>
> A few comments;
>
> (1) We need to have a disclaimer of sorts after the logos.
> For thanks-to: “These are companies that are known to have helped the
> project. If you know of others please let us know.”

done

> For IDEs: “These IDEs either offer native support or can be made to work
> for Royale development. If you know of any others and wish to share your
> environments then please let us know.”

done

> (2) If an IDE requires special non-out of the box configuration then we
> ought to have a special page to link to where we provide that
> configuration. I think that this would cover the IntelliJ case.

 I opted to put two lines "official support" and "not official support",
let me know what do you think

> (3) The links should be “nofollow” links as Justin mentioned.

done in both pages and open in other window like with the other external
links in the web

> (4) Going forward we need to be carefully to not pay any favorites what so
> ever. If a company demonstrably meets these supports we must include the
> links.

ok

> (5) If any of these third parties wants to link back to us then we should
> be sure to check to make sure that they are meeting Apache Branding
> requirements.

ok, we don't expect that in thanks to companies, but we should expect that
as people use Royale in their Apps or if start to be a relevant technology
companies and other third parties should start to put logos and referrals
to us saying "we have the skills to develop with Apache Royale if you want
us to do so"
in IDEs both has links to us, what I think is normal

Thanks

> Regards,
> Dave
>
> > On Apr 1, 2018, at 10:42 AM, Carlos Rovira <carlosrovira@apache.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > I think IntelliJ doesn't have prime Royale support, but AFAICT people are
> > using this IDE with some concrete configurations. I think Om is one of
> them.
> > Don't know if that could be a problem, but if people are working with
> > IntelliJ in some way, although there's no real support (i.e Royale
> project
> > creation, royale library creation,...)
> > for me it's ok to list there
> >
> > thanks for your revision! :)
> >
> > Carlos

> >> Done with my edits. I am not sure whether IntelliJ supports Royale, so I
> >> just looked at the existing text.

> >> On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 2:26 PM, OmPrakash Muppirala <
> bigosmallm@gmail.com>

> IntelliJ.

> >> carlosrovira@apache.org

> >> you