royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Helping with Jewel
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2018 10:06:32 GMT
Hi Piotr,

I have some plan on my mind about what's next to work on, since is going ok
in the actual way I prefer don't break how I'm dealing with this for now
and see how far I can go in this mode. I know lots of issues in actual
components, but I think is better to cover more controls and components
instead to make all perfect now. If we have 80% of what people use in a
normal app, then we can expect more people to join us, then the rest 20%
can come in the next iteration as with solving issues people report.

I'm trying to make blog posts to cover what I'm doing, I still need to make
one for check, other for radio,...and so on, so mostly I think right now
progress and info is coming hand in hand.

I started a page in the wiki to insert info about Jewel [1], I'll introduce
the actual components in a table and create pages for each one of them with
basic usage, the same as Josh made in the flexjs wiki,

As well I'll create a table of components to track what's done and what's
to come.

For me issues can wait a bit so we have all more settled.

What I really need is things like AMF, modules, routing, micro framework
like swiz with dependency injection. First two are in place from some
months now, but maybe not to be really usable, don't know since didn't have
the time to play with it but with the few examples we have.

Since I'm taking care of get Jewel to a good point, I think it will be so
much optimal to get help in that points, so we can prepare some example
that mix jewel and AMF,  jewel and modules, and so on...

I think in this way we'll go very fast, and people out there will
encouraged to join us.

Let me know what do you think! :)

[1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Introduction

> Carlos,
>
> It would be great if you could give us all the details here.
>
> We could start raising issues for our work.
>
> Thanks,
> Piotr
>
> On Fri, Apr 13, 2018, 12:37 AM OmPrakash Muppirala <bigosmallm@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > Carlos, Piotr
> >
> > I want to try and pick this up this weekend.  I have created a mockup of
> > the Echarts examples app here:
> > https://snag.gy/vQqfRA.jpg
> >
> > Can you please advice if this is possible to do with the Jewel theme and
> > components?
> >
> > It would be nice if we could have the routing work as well, although I am
> > not sure if we support that yet.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Om
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 1, 2018 at 10:19 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <
> piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com
> > >
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Can we also a bit document our work in the issues. Let's say that
> anyone
> > of
> > > us will work ond DropDownList the other on TabView or soemthing.
> > >
> > > Let's raise two issues:
> > >
> > > "Jewel: DropDownList"
> > >
> > > Of course committa related to that will have appropriate number.
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Piotr

> No