royale-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: New Thanks-to and IDEs pages for review
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2018 19:45:33 GMT
Hi -

A few comments;

(1) We need to have a disclaimer of sorts after the logos.
For thanks-to: “These are companies that are known to have helped the project. If you know
of others please let us know.”
For IDEs: “These IDEs either offer native support or can be made to work for Royale development.
If you know of any others and wish to share your environments then please let us know.”

(2) If an IDE requires special non-out of the box configuration then we ought to have a special
page to link to where we provide that configuration. I think that this would cover the IntelliJ
case.

(3) The links should be “nofollow” links as Justin mentioned.

(4) Going forward we need to be carefully to not pay any favorites what so ever. If a company
demonstrably meets these supports we must include the links.

(5) If any of these third parties wants to link back to us then we should be sure to check
to make sure that they are meeting Apache Branding requirements.

Regards,
Dave