royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Label
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 07:39:56 GMT
That’s what the current TextOverflow bead does. It only works on elements which are display:
block (which span is not by default).

IMO using div here is not PAYG, but I’m finished discussing this as well. I thought changing
Label from span to div was a simple change and not worthy of major discussion. It seems reasonable
to specify x/y position, width, height, etc. on Label without changing the type (i.e. position:
block). Either I’m not explaining myself well enough or we’re just going to have to agree
to disagree.

We *have* a component which encapsulates Span (i.e. HTMLText) so I don’t know what this
fixation about keeping Label a span is all about, but whatever...

I’m going to revert Label back to span and change the TextOverflow bead to explicitly set
display: block even though I think it’s *less* PAYG. I do agree that this is not worthy
of all this discussion.

Harbs