royale-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: 0.9.2 Release
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2018 00:02:38 GMT
Hi,

> The nightly builds have been SHA-512 since Feb 12, so yes 0.9.2 will be
> SHA-512 instead of MD5.

Good to hear the change has been made. [1]  However I noticed that the extension on the hash
file is required to be “.sha512” not “.SHA-512”. [2]  I believe this is to do with
how the hash files and mirror system interact. [3] (i.e. you need check the hashes directly
at Apache not from the mirrors)

>  This is just more FUD from Justin.

I’m sorry you took it that way, there is certainly no intention of that. As I said that
not everyone may not be aware of the changes to policy in this area or following the lists
this was discussed on. As this is a public mailing list it would help you to be a little more
respectful in your style of communication.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/royale-asjs/ <http://apacheroyaleci.westus2.cloudapp.azure.com:8080/job/royale-asjs/>
2. https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums <https://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution#sigs-and-sums>