royale-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Guild <jason.gu...@alaska.gov>
Subject Re: How to get assets (svg, png,...) inside *-js.swc and *-swf.swc libraries
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2018 16:54:50 GMT
Alex:

As you probably know, compilers in the old days were implemented in a
series of stages as separate processes due to memory size limitations.
The output from the previous stage was fed to the next stage as
compilation proceeded until object files were produced.

Maybe it makes sense for the compiler to output everything the publisher
needs (final ASTs and/or other metadata, etc) when it exits.
Then a separate publisher process could optionally use that output to do
all the expected publish-type things without being intermingled with the
compiler itself.

The publisher would probably be simpler to understand on its own and
maybe more people could be involved with it.

Jason

--
Jason Guild
Analyst/Programmer V