royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How to get assets (svg, png,...) inside *-js.swc and *-swf.swc libraries
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2018 17:13:26 GMT
We could do that if we get enough complaints, but the nice thing about the
way it currently works is that the output folder is all-inclusive.  You
can deploy (after a Maven build) the target/javascript/bin/js-release
folder and your assets will be in there, and the URLs will be
URL("assets/MyAsset.jpg").  In your proposal, the user has to remember to
copy the assets folder as well, and the URLs will look like
URL("../../../../assets/MyAsset.jpg") and the layout on the web server
will have to have the same deep folder structure.

Are you seeing long build times?  We could just choose to not overwrite
existing files.  That might save time.

My 2 cents,
-Alex