royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Refactoring Layouts
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:15:01 GMT

On 2/25/18, 11:43 PM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
<carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrovira@apache.org> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>two things here:
>
>1) while reading about css layouts seems Grid system is the most
>sophisticated one and is better than flexbox, so I think we should change
>to that since flex box does not support some layouts and Grid seems the
>future and more like what we had in flex

I attended an introduction to CSS Grid.  My takeaway wasn't that we would
replace Flexbox, but just offer Grid-based layouts as well.

>2) yesterday making a simple blog example I put a vertical layout in a
>view
>and a simple Js:button in SWF version button gets all the horizontal space
>while in js is not affected. I think this differences must be removed
>since
>if we post some example with both versions, both must be visuals equal (as
>much as we can), but this difference is huge

Yep, there are plenty of bugs on the SWF side that need fixing.  The first
priority is to get the bounding boxes as close to the same as we can, then
worry about the actually pixels.

Of course, I could be wrong...
-Alex