royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How I can use multiple CSS files
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2018 09:42:33 GMT
Hi Carlos,

Several posts ago I wrote the following:

"The file I changed in royale-compiler is CSSManager.java.  Add a
System.out.println("This is Carlos's local copy"); at the beginning of
getCSSFromThemes.  Delete the compiler jars from your local repo and
rebuild the compiler then the framework and example.  You should see your
println in the output.  If you don't then for some reason you are pulling
the wrong one.  The console output for the compiler should show that it
put the jars in the local repo.  The console output for framework and/or
examples should show where it got the compiler jars."

I'm not sure how to help you more than that.

I appreciate all of the contributions you've made to Royale, and that you
have limited time, but we all have to work as efficiently as possible to
get the most done in the time we have.  It is not efficient for me to
interrupt what I'm doing to work on what you want me to do and then try to
get back to what I was working on, and it is not efficient for me to guess
what might be going on with your computer.  You will have to do most of
this investigation yourself.  And by doing so, you will hopefully learn
something that can help you some day in the future, and that will make all
of us more productive.  Yes, that means in the short term you may not get
as much done as you would like, but if we don't distribute the knowledge
and work, the project simply will not scale.

My 2 cents,
-Alex