royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Public Vars
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 19:19:15 GMT
That might be an additional check someone could add to the compiler, but I
don't think it solves the problem at the right time unless you have
control over all of the code involved.  I think the person who typed
"public var" should be warned at the time they compile that line, not when
someone tries to use it, potentially much later.

If we added such a check, would it have helped you migrate your app?
Especially given the check I just put in.  Remember, you can disable the
check I just put in for an entire SWC, an entire file, or each occurrence.

-Alex