royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Public Vars
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 18:23:05 GMT
As a said, it mainly matters for MXML, Binding, and States.

I believe it will matter in accessing modules and a module accessing the
thing that loaded the module, and any other access by the original
property name.

I think it will matter in accessing Value Objects that are instantiated in
the code instead of externally if that Value Object is not [Bindable].
IOW, if you take some JSON and convert it to a plain Objects and tell the
compiler that it is one of your Value Objects, that should work, but if
you then create a new instance of a Value Object and set its properties in
the code, I think that won't always work.

Maybe we'll end up turning this flag off by default in MXMLC and on by
default for COMPC or something like that.  The goal is to catch places in
the framework where it could matter to increase the chances that the
js-release will work on the first try.  The sweep definitely caught some
things that needed to be changed.  I might have suppressed some warnings
on things that will need to be changed, not sure.

Of course, I could be wrong...
-Alex