royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Royale and Google Search
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2018 16:27:22 GMT
Hi,

The other day, I requested that Google index the ASDoc at
http://royale.apache.org/asdoc/

The ASDoc is a Royale app, it is not static HTML pages.  Google was able
to index it, proving that Google's search crawlers run JavaScript.
However, it did not seem to follow the links on the page and index the
rest of the ASDoc.  I'm not sure how fast a crawler crawls so maybe it
just hasn't gotten around to it.  But I think this proves that you can get
parts of your Royale apps indexed by Google.  I'm not sure we ever had a
great solution for that with Flex.

When I find time, I will try to figure out why Google didn't chase the
links on the page to the various components in the ASDoc.  But others are
certainly welcome to help.  This is not currently a high-priority task for
me.  We are using hash-bang anchor links in the ASDoc, but maybe that is
no longer supported by Google and we need to find another routing scheme.

Thanks,
-Alex