royale-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Wetmore <cottag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Royale substitutes for Flex features
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 18:26:35 GMT
We have created a placeholder in the documentation for migrating an
existing project from Flex to Royale. That is where I would look for such
help. Would you suggest that we add links from there to the ASDoc? That
seems a little awkward to me.

For me, holding an existing Flex application, it would be lovely to be able
to look in the help docs and see quickly:

== This stuff maps to Royale stuff
== You can do this in Royale by following these steps (popups, Canvas,
title windows...)
== Royale will have these things, but does not yet (menu bar...)
== Royale will not have these things so you need to go about them in a
different way or forget about them (virtual renderers).

This would be an exercise in capturing the tribal knowledge of the Royale
development team and making some of it available to the Alinas out there
who are hovering on the edge of Royale.

Opinions?

--
Andrew Wetmore