royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Support for SVG in older browsers and Operating Systems.
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2018 08:30:38 GMT
Hi,

my opinion about fallback compatibility is that I expect people creating
Royale Apps in 2018 and beyond with actual browsers and systems, not with
old ones.
If a client has IE8 support, then normaly will have Edge, Chrome and
Firefox as well, or if target Android devices, they will be in at least in
Android 4 or 5. So it seems to me a hard task if we should take into
account older systems that nowadays has very low user base, and even a
nightmare since we should have to focus in test compatibility while we
don't have people to do so. So that's not doable by us.

So for me the plan should be to focus in the actual systems widely used and
when we get a state near 1.0 (not talking about the number itself, but the
feeling that we can make a Royale App with certain easeness and have almost
all the functionality we need), maybe it would be ok to look at what system
versions are most used and make a plan to stick with them as long as we
can, or at least taking care of how to evolve royale without breaking
things for that systems since we'll have users and Royale Apps out there
that needs to have that support.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira