royale-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: About Royale MDL Examples
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2018 09:11:09 GMT
Hi,

> It occurred to me that if you fix up the licensing of these files, we
> could still bundle it in future releases.  The main issue was that the
> examples contain modified CC-BY-4.0 content from CSS and HTML files.  IMO,
> if you personally publish the modifications under CC-BY-4.0 in your repo,
> then Royale will be using unmodified content when bundling these examples.

I think you may be confusing CC-SA [1] (unmodified media can be included) with CC-BY [2] (can
be included only in binary form). It's easy to do as CC license names are not used consistently
and the MDL license refers to "Creative Commons Attribution International 4.0 License” but
the URL given is a CC-BY one. [3][4] As always it’s best to check with legal discuss if
something is unclear.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#cc-sa