royale-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Peter Ent <p...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [Royale] ICollectionView
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 19:29:19 GMT
I just pushed some changes that give you a more dynamic DataGrid.

The DataGrid should continue to work normally. But if you want to have it
respond to items being inserted and removed, then you can use the new
collection view beads.

I updated DataGridExample to illustrate how to do it PAYG. You change the
DataGrid's model to the new DataGridCollectionViewModel and then give each
column the DataItemRendererFactoryForCollectionView via CSS. This way the
majority of DataGrid uses that just display information will not have the
extra code required to respond to changes in the dataProvider. But if you
do use these new beads you can just insert or remove an item and the
columns in the DataGrid will reflect the changes. The DataGrid should also
remain selected unless you are removing the selected row.

—peter

On 1/7/18, 7:17 PM, "Peter Ent" <pent@adobe.com.INVALID> wrote:

>The DataGrid’s model’s dataProvider would be an ICollectionView which
>gets shared with each column list’s model’s dataProvider.  Changing the
>data should trigger events to have each list’s
>DataItemRendereFactoryForCollectionView update the itemRenderers.
>
>It should just work but I will be verifying that.
>
>Peter 
>
>
>> On Jan 7, 2018, at 11:38 AM, Piotr Zarzycki <piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>
>>wrote:
>> 
>> Peter,
>> 
>> When you were saying that :"I had a reasonably working version of
>>DataGrid
>> for this..." - Do you mean usage of all that new stuff which helps
>>sorting
>> etc ? I'm working on the next example where DataGrid is being used. I
>>would
>> like to have also ability to update like we are doing that in list by
>> "DynamicUpdateItemRendererForArrayListData", but Grid is not a IList,
>>which
>> we are expecting in those Beads. What do you think what we should do in
>> order to achieve that ?
>> 
>> Thanks, Piotr
>> 
>> 
>> 2018-01-07 14:35 GMT+01:00 Piotr Zarzycki <piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>:
>> 
>>> Many Thanks!
>>> 
>>> I just noticed that Grid doesn't have selectedItem property. Not sure
>>>if
>>> it was for purpose.
>>> 
>>> Piotr
>>> 
>>> 2018-01-07 14:21 GMT+01:00 Peter Ent <pent@adobe.com.invalid>:
>>> 
>>>> I did notice that something was happening with the scrollbars. I will
>>>>look
>>>> into it.
>>>> ‹peter
>>>> 
>>>>> On 1/6/18, 8:52 AM, "piotrz" <piotrz@apache.org> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>> Hi Peter,
>>>>> 
>>>>> Just wanted to let you know that I have started use more extensively
>>>>> DataGrid and I have found that using FlexLayout gives a way better
>>>> results
>>>>> for DataGrid than VerticalFlexLayout/HorizotnalFlexLayout beads.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Ma last commit fixes issue with synchronizing width of column with
>>>>>width
>>>>> of
>>>>> header buttons in DataGrid.
>>>>> 
>>>>> However there is one problem with that - Scrollbar. Take a look into
>>>>>the
>>>>> DataGridExample where scrollbar appear. Last column is a bit shifted.
>>>>> Without scrollbar width is perfectly synced.
>>>>> 
>>>>> <https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%
>>>> 3A%2F%2Fapache-ro
>>>>> yale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com%2Ffile%2Ft1%2Fscroll_
>>>> bar_problem.png&
>>>>> data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com%7C8c21b8b4e77145f0ef1f08d55
>>>> 50cc1c8%7Cfa7b1
>>>>> b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636508435642510130&sd
>>>> ata=lqFyo5AO7td
>>>>> RcHECAn1KbiDZJOFiMi9bpfNLnFvDYgQ%3D&reserved=0>
>>>>> 
>>>>> If you have an idea how to fix that problem it would be great if you
>>>> could
>>>>> do it during your work on DataGrid.
>>>>> 
>>>>> Maybe we shouldn't actually fix that ?
>>>>> 
>>>>> Thanks, Piotr
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> --
>>>>> Sent from:
>>>>> https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%
>>>> 2F%2Fapache-roy
>>>>> 
>>>>>ale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com
>>>> %7C8
>>>>> c21b8b4e77145f0ef1f08d5550cc1c8%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c17
>>>> 8decee1%7C0%7C0
>>>>> %7C636508435642510130&sdata=%2Fd%2FchSnNgv9qO7qhIF%2B5e7uN0
>>>> U1nCJpZMjRGBwEQ
>>>>> cqs%3D&reserved=0
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> --
>>> 
>>> Piotr Zarzycki
>>> 
>>> Patreon: 
>>>*https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pa
>>>treon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com%7Cec2acb7cf9ea
>>>4bf1d63308d555ed0cf6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636509
>>>398965142180&sdata=VB6%2FJI38K02X3lWGGDwoH%2FiB4LpPerWLwZFGyukRT0w%3D&re
>>>served=0
>>> 
>>><https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pa
>>>treon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com%7Cec2acb7cf9ea
>>>4bf1d63308d555ed0cf6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636509
>>>398965142180&sdata=VB6%2FJI38K02X3lWGGDwoH%2FiB4LpPerWLwZFGyukRT0w%3D&re
>>>served=0>*
>>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -- 
>> 
>> Piotr Zarzycki
>> 
>> Patreon: 
>>*https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pat
>>reon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com%7Cec2acb7cf9ea4b
>>f1d63308d555ed0cf6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636509398
>>965142180&sdata=VB6%2FJI38K02X3lWGGDwoH%2FiB4LpPerWLwZFGyukRT0w%3D&reserv
>>ed=0
>> 
>><https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.pat
>>reon.com%2Fpiotrzarzycki&data=02%7C01%7Cpent%40adobe.com%7Cec2acb7cf9ea4b
>>f1d63308d555ed0cf6%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%7C636509398
>>965142180&sdata=VB6%2FJI38K02X3lWGGDwoH%2FiB4LpPerWLwZFGyukRT0w%3D&reserv
>>ed=0>*

Mime
View raw message