royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Developer experience / compilation process
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 21:17:25 GMT
The compiler has not been optimized at all.  It was a full rewrite to use
a different (and more traditional) parsing front-end, but the SWF output
also uses a newer and unproven technology, and the JS output was written
at Apache and has not been optimized at all.

I'm quite certain the compiler could be made faster, but we don't have the
people power to do it.  I think the -debug=true compile time is sufficient
for now and we have bigger fish to fry.  But if you are having unexpected
slowness, we should take a look.

The MXML Live Editor might be a better and easier place to spend some
energy.  Any volunteers?

-Alex