royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Royale website is live!!
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2018 22:18:59 GMT
Hi,

@Andrew, I ask you to make changes to the doc in order to check things
done, and comment if there's some questions. I introduced all changes, and
uploaded to git. We must wait until automatic publication

@Dave, I can look for a way to make people make changes and ask for
revision (anyone out there) or give direct (committers and PMCs)
regarding more automation I see it more dificult since the process is to :

1.- Push Generate Button (to create the static version)
2.- overlay with actual repo (there we can have content or theme updates
that fixes some things in layouts, css, etc... and so on)
3.- commit and push
4.- wait for automatic publication

But that's no a problem for me needs human touch, but is easy to do.

Thanks

> Hi -
>
> Piotr has a good point. Please work with Andrew on the content updates.
> Some may be in the template and other parts are content.
>
> Regarding content it should be possible for any committer to make changes.
> At first you will need to periodically do export and update. Later either
> we will have moved the site to Royale and be using a build process, or you
> would setup an automated process into a staged site that is then published.
> This is what the Apache CMS can do.
>
> An alternative approach that I have used at my former job is to create an
> RSS content feed in WP and then we can pull updates from the RSS feed into
> the site. A custom feed is possible to retrieve metadata.
>
> Regards,
> Dave
>
> > On Jan 10, 2018, at 1:25 PM, Piotr Zarzycki <piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Carlos,
> >
> > What do you think about Andrew changes. I think they are really good. We
> > could apply them on our self.
> >
> > Thanks, Piotr

> >> Hi Om,
> >>
> >> that's not possible. We're making all changes in WP through admin and
> then
> >> exported and published.
> >> something out of this workflow will not be possible.
> >>
> >> However, I could see some WP system for people to register in WP backend
> >> and make changes and send for approval. I think there's some ways to do
> >> that if there's enough interest.
> >>
> >> Thanks

> >> website

> carlosrovira@apache.org