royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migrating existing FlexJS documentation to Royale
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2018 23:55:38 GMT
@Alex, please check this link for licenses [1] and let me know if is ok for
us to use this theme as base

The results can be seen in [2]

I see others as well that are MIT only and very few that are ALv2. I assume
that both are ok for us.

My intention is configure royale-docs to use that theme (or other similar
under MIT or ALv2) and config fonts, colors and sizes a bit to match our
branding. In the case of [1] there's another license involved (jquery)

Thanks

[1]
https://github.com/tomjoht/documentation-theme-jekyll/tree/gh-pages/licenses
[2] http://idratherbewriting.com/documentation-theme-jekyll/

> I am fine with using MarkDown if someone can assure me that there will,
> eventually, be a way to display a navigable index that will help the reader
> jump around through the pages.
>
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2018 at 7:44 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com.invalid>
> wrote:
>
> > OK, I'm sure you will figure it out.  But if we all agree on MarkDown, I
> > think we can start writing content in MarkDown and committing it?  Then
> > later, the theme will just magically appear or maybe we have to add a tag
> > or two to each page?
> >
> > -Alex
> >
> > On 1/18/18, 3:36 PM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos
> Rovira"
> > <carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrovira@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi Alex,
> > >
> > >I'm right now fighting with Jekyll and themes. I have working a minimal
> > >example localy and trying to see how to:
> > >
> > >* Jekyll themes work in order to configure a basic one with basic
> website
> > >royale branding (fonts, colors and sizes)
> > >* How this means for ease of development, I'm still trying to see the
> > >whole
> > >picture
> > >
> > >I'll come back with my research
> > >
> > >Carlos