royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlos.rov...@codeoscopic.com>
Subject Re: [website] Things needed to release website ASAP
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2018 09:56:37 GMT
Hi Piotr,

> Carlos,
>
> I just fixed links on the Download site and Docs. Link to the doc
> application is corrected,but application itself is not launching. Alex
> mention about some JSON file on the users list, but I'm not sure what I
> have to do to have it working.

Ok

> GETTING STARTED page:
>
> First sentence in my opinion is OK. Second one:
>
> "Royale is developed with future in mind, for this reason you can configure
> the final output to your needs. We’ll focus the next steps in javascript
> applications to ease the explanation." - I have no idea what does that mean
> and I think it can be removed.

I want to expose that Royale is not only designed to output HTML/JS/CSS but
to output SWF/WEBASM/... and many others
But I'll remove for now

> 1. Getting Royale
> Download binary package of Royale from our Download (link) page and setup
> it into your favorite IDE (link to Wiki ->
> https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/wiki/Quick-Start). Thanks to the
> provided instructions you can create your first "Hello World" application.
>
> 2. Should be removed
> 3. Should be removed
> 4. Where to Go From here - It's ok.
> We recommend to start looking in royale-asjs (link to royale repository)
> repository folder to both examples (link to examples folder) (in
> royale-asjs/examples/royale directory) and framework code (link to projects
> folder) (in frameworks/projects) to start familiarizing with Apache Royale.

Thanks Piotr, It's done and I think this match perfectly since is short and
easy. Great work! :)

> GETTING INVOLVED
> The only think which I believe you could do here is to provide links to the
> instructions. How to build Royale by Maven and Ant - We should have both on
> the Wiki. It should be done in Contribute Code in my opinion.

This is a port of the same page in the flex blog, I updated some things to
our case
For example in flex there's no pull request, so I change things a bit.

I revised it and I think is ok since it talks about how to join mailing
list for discussions,
how to contribute documentation, and how to contribute fixes and other
code...

This is what we can find in most of apache project. Maybe we could try to
simplify a bit to remove
text since I think so much text makes people not read the page at all...but
for now I think we can go with
what we have

> I believe that's it. It would great if someone with native English check
> those sentences.
>
> Thoughts ?

as this is a port from flex blog I assume English sentences are ok and well
formed.
But others can check it to ensure it's ok

> Thanks, Piotr

Many thanks Piotr!

> > > I transform the safe button into a "Join Us" button...
> >
> > Thanks, it looks great...  I would join if I did not already ;-)))
> >
> > Olaf
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/
> >

> --