royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Github Documentation (Re: Apache Royale website is live!!)
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2018 12:03:55 GMT
Hi,

yes, I think the best way is to use markdown, GitHub pages and some
template (e.j: Cayman) as an starting point to change styles to match or
Royale website styles
As we all doesn't have experience, I'll try to investigate and talk with
infra to see if they need to make some tweak.

I want to put all the things inlace so Andrew can work on docs more easily

Thanks all fro your thoughts! :)

> There is possibility that we may have to ask infra to switch something etc.
> I don't think we need Wiki on the docs repository. It should be possible
> make pull requests to that repository by anyone.
>
> We just need to correct all the things which you have on your repo, than
> make transformation to the GitHub pages.
>
> Later we can proceed straight in our repo. It is less pleasent write mark
> down only without preview. - If there is some tool which allows have
> preview without Wiki, we can even transform current state of your
> repository to GitHub pages.

> > >Do you know the way how to do this ?
> >
> > My understanding is that Jekyll supports MarkDown out of the box.
> > If that's the case, each Wiki article could easily be reused with GitHub
> > pages.
> > As I started with my FlexJS docs Wiki the goal was to start easily using
> > the
> > Wiki and porting it later to GitHub pages.
> >
> > BTW: From my opionion, we definately should use Markdown in order to
> write
> > the documentation cause it simplifies things a lot.
> >

> > >If someone can help with that it would be great.
> >
> > If I would entirely know how it works I would share my knowledge and
> would
> > help of course ;-)
> > I'll try to I find some time to investigate a bit more...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Olaf
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://apache-royale-development.20373.n8.nabble.com/