royale-dev mailing list archives

From Olaf Krueger <m...@olafkrueger.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Discuss Release Apache Royale 0.9.0 RC1
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2018 08:18:57 GMT
>I mentioned elsewhere that setting an environment variable of
>PLAYERGLOBAL_VERSION worked for me.

I overlooked this and will check it out.
Should I set the version in a format like "28.0" or "28" or "28_0"?

>Also, I still think it would be helpful if you would just remove the
>checks for AIR_HOME/PLAYERGLOBAL_HOME/FLASHPLAYER_DEBUGGER and see what
>else needs to change to get the approval script to run without those
>variables.

I will do it tonight or tomorow!

Just for my understanding, even if it seems to me that the approval script
just downloads an available build from a server:
I've never done this "build" excercise with Flex and I am not familar with
build tools. But I was confused about those ENV vars and AIR/Flash
dependencies. My assumption was that the build tool downloads all needed
dependencies and set the ENV vars temporary for me. Isn't that what I want
from a build tool?

Thanks,
Olaf

--