royale-dev mailing list archives

From Dany Dhondt <archeme...@mac.com>
Subject Building a repository front end with Royale
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2017 11:17:05 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working for the library department of a big University college in Belgium (+13k students).
We have spent a year on making a concept for an institutional repository.
Now, we're in the phase of making a tender for the backbone software which will handle storage,
DOI's etc. High on our list is figshare [1]. We would use figshare as a repository backbone
and build our own front end using figshare's api's.
It will be my responsibility to develop, implement and maintain this front end. I  think
development will start around february/march 2018 and it will be up to me to choose a front
end technology. So far, choices are Angular, React or Vue. Since I have quite some experience
with Flex, I would like to add Royale to this list.
I have been following the Flex/Royale dev lists very closely and I'm convinced of the quality
of the product but:

- will Royale be production ready by february/march?
- is it possible to easily integrate javascript only components into Royale? Example: FullCalendar.js
[2]
- could anyone provide an IntelliJ template to start with?
- I'll definitely need help during the development proces, will this be available?
- and last but not least: is Royale the right choice?

If it is convenient, I can provide a full front end wireframe (built in Adobe XD CC) although
that should be treated as highly confidential

There is much at stake here so please advise...

thanks in advance

Dany

[1] https://figshare.com/services/institutions
[2] https://fullcalendar.io