royale-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: internal types in subclasses
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2017 17:42:10 GMT
What makes it hard to define a new type?  Is it something that an IDE can
make easier?  I think for the rest of the tool chain, a file is just a
file and one more file doesn't make a difference.

Regarding reflection data:  The reflection data is designed to disappear
in release builds unless you are using it.  It is currently all or
nothing, but I could imagine that a smarter tool chain could somehow know
to keep some reflection data and not other.  Dynamic classes are not a
recommended practice, IMO, they basically defeat the advantages of AS over
JS.  Proxy-based classes have high overhead, but can deliver something
more like type safety in the hopefully few dynamic situations.

Of course, I could be wrong...
-Alex