royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on ToggleButton
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 11:26:23 GMT
Related:

Currently the architecture assumes that there’s a single view, model, or controller. Many
of these could (and maybe should) be broken into smaller logic pieces. For example, there’s
TextAndImageButton which has a TextAndImageModel, when all it really needs is a TextModel
and an ImageModel. I think part of the problem is that the component is too strongly coupled
to the model. I think what we really need is for a lightweight way for a component to say
“Someone is setting property x. Anyone who cares please take note.” I think the work I
started on Strands and Beads a number of months back might be the right direction for this.