royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Repos and Releases
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2017 09:50:43 GMT
Hi Alex,

for NPM, I think we should bake it in the package. I think NPM is very
important right now to get the most easy and quick install and use for
newcomers, and that's what we're pursuing.

In the other hand, as Yshay, I'm trying to check what is done, and right
now I'm syncing "develop" (for the three repos)

Running "mvn clean install -DskipTests" in compiler, gives me:

[*ERROR*] The build could not read 2 projects -> *[Help 1]*

[*ERROR*]

[*ERROR*]   The project org.apache.royale.compiler:compiler:0.9.0-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Source/royale-compiler/compiler/pom.xml)
has 1 error

[*ERROR*]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
net.sourceforge.jburg:jburg-maven-plugin:1.10.4 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Could not find artifact
org.apache.royale.compiler:compiler-jburg-types:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in
apache-plugins-snapshots (
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots) -> *[Help 2]*

[*ERROR*]

[*ERROR*]   The project org.apache.royale.compiler:debugger:0.9.0-SNAPSHOT
(/Users/carlosrovira/Dev/Royale/Source/royale-compiler/debugger/pom.xml)
has 1 error

[*ERROR*]     Unresolveable build extension: Plugin
net.sourceforge.jburg:jburg-maven-plugin:1.10.4 or one of its dependencies
could not be resolved: Could not find artifact
org.apache.royale.compiler:compiler-jburg-types:jar:1.0.0-SNAPSHOT in
apache-plugins-snapshots (
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots) -> *[Help 2]*

[*ERROR*]

[*ERROR*] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the
*-e* switch.

[*ERROR*] Re-run Maven using the *-X* switch to enable full debug logging.

[*ERROR*]

[*ERROR*] For more information about the errors and possible solutions,
please read the following articles:

[*ERROR*] *[Help 1]*
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/ProjectBuildingException

[*ERROR*] *[Help 2]*
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/PluginManagerException

So, this means now, I only need to run that commando in asjs repo?

Thanks

Carlos

> On 12/12/17, 12:06 AM, "Yishay Weiss" <yishayjobs@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I’m trying to understand what’s going on here, so I’ll ask some naïve
> >questions:
> >

> >  1.  Are royale-compiler and royale-typedefs supposed to be merged into
> >royale-asjs?
>
> The current package doesn't "merge" as much as it co-packages all 3 repos
> into one package.  IOW, the package has 3 subfolders (royale-asjs,
> royale-compiler, royale-typedefs).
>
> >  2.  If so, why does running ant all from royale-asjs clone said repos?
>
> It depends on what you tried.  If you just cloned royale-asjs and run "ant
> all", the script will still clone the repos, but for me, if I run "ant
> all" in the royale-asjs folder of the nightly source package, it doesn't
> clone the repos as it finds royale-compiler and royale-typedefs.  Of
> course, something might have broken so I will verify that tomorrow.
>
> >  3.  “Folks should have noticed that the
> >IDE-compatible folder is now a royale-asjs subfolder in the binary
> >package.” What’s the path to that folder?
>
> royale-asjs
>
> >  4.  Will my IDE (Flash Builder) recognize changes I make to the
> >framework, in other words will re-building the framework from modified
> >source update this (3) folder?
>
> I'm not sure what configuration you are trying, but the source package
> really is like packaging up the parent folder of the 3 repos and the
> binary package is really like packaging up the parent folder of the 3
> repos after building everything.   So if changes are detected today, they
> should be in this package too.
>
> HTH,
> -Alex

SWF