royale-dev mailing list archives

From Carlos Rovira <carlosrov...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Publishing royale to npm
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2017 10:54:32 GMT
Hi Harbs,

why too error-prone? If you are developing a Royale app with Maven you
create a pom, and you add libraries on demand. So your build is totally
automated and you only need your project pom in the future and not manually
check if libraries are the required ones or not. I see just the opposite
and less error prone.

I know this is lastly a question on how each looks to ways to do things,
but I use to look at how others are doing things and I think most of the
projects at Apache are using maven as their way to build their projects and
manage continuous integration, so it must be a safe way to do thing or
maven will be less used today.

In my experience, I'm using a macbookpro and setup the environment is a
breeze. Using Hombrew just need to bring to a new system java, git, maven
and from there I get all downloaded and built. maven downloads only what is
needed and I don't need to worry about it. Even don't need to set up
environment variables, what's so cool :)

just my 2ctnms

C.