royale-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: globalplayer.swc
Date Sun, 19 Nov 2017 11:08:36 GMT

> The whole point of the feature/rename branch is to remove references to
> Flex and Flash and that includes removing dependency on both
> playerglobal.swc and airglobal.swc.
>
> My goal is that the first Royale release does not require
> playerglobal/airglobal, but you can bring it down as an optional feature.

Can you elaborate a bit? I'm curious how that would work, and what
(AS/MXML) features one would lose without playerglobal ;-)

How extensive a re-write are you doing for this? Is it both on the compiler
and compiler-jx?

I'm working on a branch off develop... I would hate being caught in a
massive merge conflict once your changes land. Am I better off tracking
your feature branch? How stable is that?

Thanks,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software