royale-dev mailing list archives

From Erik de Bruin <e...@ixsoftware.nl>
Subject Re: [Try-it-now app] Progress thread
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 13:15:41 GMT
Olaf,

>The instance has a basic PHP stack on it
> Although I'm doing PHP since PHP3 I would prefer to go with NodeJS and a
> NoSQL DB here.
> I am still learning NodeJS but it seems to me it is straightforward and we
> also could implement some real time stuff maybe a bit easier. (I think in a
> more matured try-it-now version some day it would be cool to return the
> compiler log in real time to the app instead of just showing a spinner)
>
> Is it a big task with AWS to create a NodeJS instance and to install
> additional npm's?

I put that PHP stack on there, I can take it off easily enough. Anyone I
give SSH access to can do it.

I do not know enough to create a NodeJS stack, nor am I familiar with NoSQL
databases. But I'm sure someone else is, and I can provide them access to
set it up.

If we're not going to use the MySQL database, please let me know a.s.a.p.,
as that is incurring additional costs on my AWS account.

Om, how much of Olaf's requests can you deliver, if I give you the access
needed?

Thanks,

EdB

--