royale-dev mailing list archives

From Piotr Zarzycki <piotrzarzyck...@gmail.com>
Subject How could we work with GitHub
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 02:49:04 GMT
Hi Guys,

I thought that would be could to share some vision about how could we work
with our GitHub repository.

COMMITS:
This parts is only regards when we have issue raised. Each commit should
have description and issue number. I will use as an example our issue
raised for renaming. [1]

If you commit to royale-asjs:

"My commit message (reference #17)"

If you commit to royale-compiler, but it is related to issue from
royale-asjs:

"My commit message (reference apache/royale-asjs#17)" - That format allow
us to see commit under issue in royale-asjs repo :))

We can use here also some keywords [2].

LABELS:
Let's use available labels to sort out with what kind of issue we have to
deal. [3] We can introduce some new labels.

VERSIONING:
This part is definitely to some discussion in case of "bugs". We should
definitely use "Milestones" for that purpose. I've created two milestones
for royale-asjs [4] and royale-compiler. I have marked our issue for
renaming [1] which means that will be released in Royale 0.9.0.
The question is if we have bug - how can we mark in which version it occurs
? Maybe we should create special milestones ?

ISSUES IN PROGRESS:
I have created projects [5][6]. If you would like to tell some folks on
what are you actually working or what will be - the projects is the place
where you could do that. Just move your issue to To Do/In Progress column.

Please share your thoughts about that, feel free make the changes. :)

[1] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/issues/17
[2] https://help.github.com/articles/closing-issues-using-keywords/
[3] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/labels
[4] https://github.com/apache/royale-asjs/milestones