royale-dev mailing list archives

From Yishay Weiss <yishayj...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: FileReference implementation
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 08:22:28 GMT
I added an example [1] for loading a file to my examples repo. At some point we’ll want to
move this repo to Apache but you can browse this and other examples here [2] for the time
being.

[1] https://github.com/yishayw/Examples/tree/FileProxy

From: Harbs<mailto:harbs.lists@gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 3, 2017 6:20 PM
To: dev@royale.apache.org<mailto:dev@royale.apache.org>; ngranon@idylog.com<mailto:ngranon@idylog.com>
Subject: Re: FileReference implementation

No. You can read a file using the File APIs. In JS, you can get a Blob and ArrayBuffer The
rough equivalent to ByteArray in Royale is BinaryData which wraps ArrayBuffer and deals with
the views and you can get that from a file.

We’ve done work on abstracting those APIs. Yishay did the work on that, so he’ll have
the best answer.

Harbs

> On Oct 3, 2017, at 4:33 PM, Idylog - Nicolas Granon <ngranon@idylog.com> wrote:
>
> We use FileReference a lot in our Flex apps (data import functionalities, export functionalities).
>
> With FP, it has been possible (since FP 11 if I am correct) to have local read and write
access (provided the access is "controlled" by a dialog that the user has to validate) from
the user's drive to the app (and vice versa).

> As I understand it, there is no provision in JS for app local file read access : you
have to upload the local file to the HTTP server, and then back (download) into the app.