royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Netflix removed React for plain JS to gain 50% performance improvement
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2017 20:03:35 GMT
Yes. I believe it is.

We need some performance testing to prove it, but I believe Royale has little or no overhead
that many other frameworks have.

> On Oct 26, 2017, at 10:43 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> Correct me if I am wrong, but isn’t part of the value proposition of Royale that it
will do the unrolling in the compiler?

> Regards,
> Dave
>
>> On Oct 26, 2017, at 12:39 PM, Jeff Dafoe <jeffdafoe@outlook.com> wrote:
>>

>> It's not too much of a statement about React's efficiency, as you'll almost always
see gains if you unroll framework code in that manner.  The disadvantage is you now have a
landing page constructed from unrolled pieces of framework.  Almost categorically, this is
how good software development is done overall - unroll parts that need the highest performance,
where you're willing to trade off maintainability for performance.

Rovira <carlosrovira@apache.org>