royale-dev mailing list archives

From Harbs <harbs.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Struggling with resource files
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 06:34:00 GMT
I should probably spend some time to learn how resource bundles worked in Flex… ;-)

Metadata seems like a good solution, but it seems to me like there needs to be two sets of
metadata tags. Some comments and questions I have:

1. We’d need metadata tags which would just inline the resource into the compiled code for
cases where a full-blown ResourceManager is overkill.
2. We’d need the [ResourceBundle] tag for compiling downloadable resource bundles. What
would that look like in Javascript? A JS file which evaluates to the resources? A JSON file?
Would default resources get auto-included in the main JS?

BTW, if there’s something I can do to help you with the packaging branch, please let me
know.

Harbs