royale-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Possible license issue with new web site
Date Mon, 02 Oct 2017 01:19:50 GMT
Hi,

I looked at the placeholder for the new site. [1] My understanding is that it’s intended
to be moved to Word Press or be hosted at a VM at the ASF.

The  theme that is being used is under a commercial license [2] do we know if infra/the ASF
would be OK in hosting that / having the main site of an ASF project use something under a
commercial license?

Also the theme license is likely to be incompatible with ALv2 as it contains GPLv3 licensed
code which is  “Category X” software [3]. This software is also only GPL license for non
commercial software. [4]

Is there another them we could use that is open source license, not under a commercial license
and that does not include GPL licensed software?

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://royale.codeoscopic.com/coming-soon/
2. https://themeforest.net/item/blade-responsive-multifunctional-theme/13371659