roller-user mailing list archives

From Ronald Albury <ronalb...@gmail.com>
Subject Images reference localhost
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2015 04:47:27 GMT
I am a very experienced Java/J2EE programmer - however I have never had to
do any of the system administration ... I just built the WAR and EAR files
and someone else took care of the rest. Therefore, I am going to be asking
some really basic admin questions for a while.

After spinning my wheels trying to build my own Linux Virtual Machine with
all of the necessary components for Roller, I punted and downloaded a
pre-configured Bitnami VM. Naturally, it didn't solve all my problems.

Problem #1:  I can upload image files just fine, but when I embed them in a
post the URL is based on localhost. Of course, this means anyone hitting
the blog will be looking for the images on their own machine ... <BOOM! ...
smoke smoke smoke>

I'm sure there is some simple configuration file that needs an entry
updated, but for the life of me I can't figure it out.