roller-user mailing list archives

From Kohei Nozaki <k...@bridge9.sakura.ne.jp>
Subject Re: Advice for using roller in an AWS autoscaling environment
Date Tue, 26 May 2015 22:19:07 GMT
I don't know very well about AWS autoscaling, but I guess there are some
additional things need to be cleared to get Roller work on clustered
environment:

* Second level cache of JPA: need to be turned off, or cluster-aware
configuration is needed.

* Page cache: Roller saves rendered htmls as a cache. when an
administrator, author or visitor made a change (e.g. posting a new
entry), caches of some pages are need to be invalidated. but I'm not
sure how to invalidate it among servers.

* Salt processing: to prevent XSRF, Roller uses salt value
authentication for every POST requests on administration pages but
out-of-box Roller saves SaltCache as a static variable, so every POST
requests need to be sent to a particular server for a particular client.
perhaps a some kind of new implementation which uses memcached is needed
as mentioned in a comment of SaltCache.java.

And of course, http sessions need to be replicated among servers for
administration pages and comment authenticators.

Kohei