roller-user mailing list archives

From Guillermo Payet <gpa...@localharvest.org>
Subject Re: SSO on Roller 5.1.1
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2015 16:48:15 GMT
Thanks Glen,  we’ll start digging there.

> On Mar 4, 2015, at 7:26 AM, Glen Mazza <glen.mazza@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Roller 5.1.2 is being voted on now.  Our LDAP guide is here: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Roller+5.1+with+LDAP,
however the Wiki is down at the moment (it's being managed by Apache, out of control of the
Roller team, it should hopefully be back up soon.)  In the meantime, you can also check the
security.xml file in the Roller WAR (the very latest copy of it is here, should be but perhaps
not the exact copy in your WAR distribution: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/roller/trunk/app/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/security.xml?revision=1578699&view=markup)
the comments in that file should be helpful.  Searching the Roller Install guide for LDAP
may also provide more information.

> HTH,
> Glen
>
> On 03/02/2015 03:56 PM, Guillermo Payet wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> We’re upgrading our old installation of Roller 4.0 to 5.1.1.
>>
>> Our old setup uses acegi-based SSO to plug into the rest of our website’s authentication/permissions
system.  We see that Roller 5 no longer uses acegi, and we cannot find anything about current
“best practices” for setting up SSO on Roller 5.  We need to convert our current implementation
using an acegi AuthenticationProvider to whatever is the new way of doing this.