roller-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: unable to deploy on Openshift platform
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 09:12:03 GMT
What version of Roller are you running -- hopefully 5.1.1?  Have you
seen my blog article: https://web-gmazza.rhcloud.com/blog/date/20131216
for pointers?  I would stick with getting the JNDI method to work, it's
connection pooling is probably better.

Also, you may wish to activate the roller-startup logging file in the
WAR's log4j.properties file
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/roller/trunk/app/src/main/resources/log4j.properties)
-- it's located probably under the WEB-INF/classes folder; it sometimes
will output more informative error messages prior to Roller starting
up.  (Doing this config in your roller-custom.properties may not work as
well as some startup system errors occur prior to that properties file
getting read.)

HTH,
Glen