roller-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: database connection
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 22:35:42 GMT
Hi Boris, your configuration below looks good, Roller is acting like it
isn't detecting your roller-custom.properties file because those are the
JNDI defaults defined in roller.properties.  For tomcat, the
roller-custom.properties needs to be in the $CATALINA_HOME/lib folder.

Currently, this is in roller.properties:
# For database configuration type 'jndi',this will be used.
# If it does not start 'java:' then 'java:comp/env/' will be prepended
database.jndi.name=jdbc/rollerdb

Could you put database.jndi.name=jdbc/xyz
in your roller-custom.properties and see if the SUCCESS message below:
SUCCESS: located JNDI DataSource [java:comp/env/jdbc/rollerdb] now will
say "java:comp/env/jdbc/xyz"?  I want to determine if Roller is reading
your customization file.

BTW, sorry but an ugly bug fixed in Roller 5.1.1-SNAPSHOT today:
http://rollerweblogger.org/project/entry/roller-5-1-smartphones-tablets,
you might wish to build the tagged release linked to in that blog
article and deploy that instead.

Glen