roller-user mailing list archives

From Tamas Balazs <tbal...@coppercoast.sa.gov.au>
Subject 5.1 initial experiences
Date Fri, 29 Aug 2014 01:02:50 GMT
I updated my 5.04 installation to 5.1. Probably I haven’t done it to the right way as there
were few issues such as:

-          Templates looked a bit confused. I had a brief look in facuxcoly and it seemed
broken – other templates seemed out of order a bit, but haven’t investigated further –
plus Sotto has never worked for me even in 5.04.

-          After swapping a pre-added template it did not got reflected on the blog – I
had to restart tomcat to see the changes.

-          One of my blog suddenly started to lose its URL structure thus giving me 404. Something
like example.com/test/entry/blabla has become example.com/test/test/entry/blabla. This was
not fun at all, so I rolled everything back to 5.04.

When I did the update the database update section stalled too – had the initial log screen
dump saying what is going on in the DB  then it stalled. After closing the browser window
and restart it again it seemed everything is ok.

Well, this is my experience. Hope this helps

Tamas

Tamas Balazs

[cid:image7a49ee.JPG@f0b90d30.4196bd4a]

WARNING
The information contained in this message and any attached files is confidential and is intended
for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised
to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance of the contents of this information
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. District Council of the Copper Coast is not responsible
for any claim whatsoever arising from a third party utilising or relying on confidential information.
District Council of the Copper Coast is neither liable for the proper nor complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. We do
not guarantee that this material is free from viruses or any other defects, although due care
has been taken to minimise risk.