roller-user mailing list archives

From Tamas Balazs <tbal...@coppercoast.sa.gov.au>
Subject Cannot login to Admin Panel via TLD - have to use IP address
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 05:59:56 GMT
Dear All,

I have the following issue: I cannot login to my Roller via the login link provided with the
virtual host TLD…ie: http://example.com/roller-ui/login-redirect.rol or https://example.com/roller-ui/login-redirect.rol
does not work, but https://128.199.173.139/roller/roller-ui/login-redirect.rol does. When
I try to login via TLD I get a white screen, no error message, nothing…

I wouldn’t really mind this but it makes difficult to add images to an article as every
one of them will get mapped to the IP address not to the domain name. Plus I am not entirely
sure that by logging in via the IP-based url how to affect Roller when it automatically pings
aggregators – will the ping be referred to my IP-based URL if I am logged in via that?

I was advised to fill in the "absolute url to site" field at the Server admin section with
my TLD – I did that but nothing has happened. Can anyone have any ideas what could have
gone wrong? I tried with ver 5.04 and 5.1 – nothing.

Thanks in advance
Tamas

Tamas Balazs

[cid:imagee81ec1.JPG@9b3a1fc7.439a7cc0]

WARNING
The information contained in this message and any attached files is confidential and is intended
for the sole use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorised
to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance of the contents of this information
is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. District Council of the Copper Coast is not responsible
for any claim whatsoever arising from a third party utilising or relying on confidential information.
District Council of the Copper Coast is neither liable for the proper nor complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt. We do
not guarantee that this material is free from viruses or any other defects, although due care
has been taken to minimise risk.