roller-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reverse proxy issue?
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:47:50 GMT
Unsure, but the Roller server administration settings page (not the
per-blog settings page) has a field to enter the desired root URL for
your blog server, you probably will need to populate it if you're using
a proxy server, I needed to when switching my blog to https:// at least.

Also, consider upgrading to 5.0.4 if you can, as it fixes a few security
matters in libraries that Roller uses.

HTH,
Glen

On 06/30/2014 06:24 AM, Parsons, Chris wrote:
> Please read the Council's email disclaimer notification which is located at the end of
the email message.

> I have managed to get Roller set up working behind a reverse proxy, and can navigate
the content, but get a 404 when I try to access the login link?

> The URL being called is http://chair.torbay.gov.uk/roller/roller-ui/login-redirect.rol
>
> which is correct but comes back with "There is no Action mapped for action name login-redirect"
>
> If I remove the element being reverse proxied ('chair.torbay.gov.uk') and substitute
the internal URL it is fine so it looks like the redirect is causing the issue?

> Can anyone give me any advice?
>
> The reverse proxy is being done by our Apache web server (2.2.25)
>

> Thanks
>

> --
> Chris Parsons | IT Project Leader | Torbay Council, Town Hall, Castle Circus, Torquay,
TQ1 3DR.
> T: 01803 20 7438 | F: 01803 20 7355 | E: chris.parsons@torbay.gov.uk
> ----
>
> Roller 5.0.2
> Tomcat 7.0.53
> MySQL 5.6.13
> Java 1.7.0_02
> Windows Server 2003
> Google Chrome
>

> Please note...
> The views in this message are personal; they are not necessarily those of Torbay Council.
> Torbay Council has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this
email. The Council cannot accept responsibility
> for any loss or damage arising from the use of this email or any attachments.
>
> Unless otherwise explicitly stated above no employee or agent is authorised to conclude
any binding agreement on behalf of Torbay Council
> with any other party by email. Likewise, unless otherwise explicitly stated, nothing
in this email should be taken as agreement to enter
> any binding contract for the supply of goods or services.
>
> Senders and recipients of email should be aware that under the UK Data Protection and
Freedom of Information legislation these contents
> may have to be disclosed in response to a request.
> Under the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000, Lawful Business Practice Regulations,
any E-mail sent to or from this address may