roller-user mailing list archives

From Jody Allen <Jody.Al...@albertahealthservices.ca>
Subject RE: Atom PP Categories
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:26:44 GMT
Take me off this mailing list. I have nothing to do with your department.

Jody Allen - CPO 13798
Protective Services Team Lead
D-Team - SAFPC
jody.allen@albertahealthservices.ca
Dispatch 403-944-6899
Direct 403-944-6818
Alberta Health Services
This message, and any documents attached hereto, is intended only for the addressee and may
contain privileged or confidential information.  Any unauthorized disclosure is strictly prohibited.
 If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately so that we may correct
our internal records.  Please then delete the original message.  Thank you.
From: James Scott [jamesas@vt.edu]
Sent: March 12, 2014 07:48
To: user@roller.apache.org
Subject: Re: Atom PP Categories

I'd like to be able to get the categories and associated schemas directly,
but, well -

https://github.com/apache/roller/blob/trunk/app/src/main/java/org/apache/roller/weblogger/webservices/atomprotocol/RollerAtomHandler.java#L217

    public Categories getCategories(AtomRequest arg0) throws AtomException {
        throw new UnsupportedOperationException("Not supported yet.");
    }

Better luck next version, I guess. Either way, it shouldn't matter much - I
know what the schemes and categories are, so I can put them in an enum or
something. I'm still working through what my problem is - my code looks
like -

            //Add the product type as a category.
            List<Category> categories = new ArrayList<Category>();
            Category productCategory = new Category();
            productCategory.setScheme("http://localhost:8080/roller/" +
systemType);
            productCategory.setTerm(productType);
            categories.add(productCategory);
            newEntry.setCategories(categories);

            // POST entry to collection on server
            collection.addEntry(newEntry);

- where systemType is the name of the blog, and productType is the category
(and, yes, I created an appropriate category on the blog first). This
appears to have no effect; everything published goes into the default
category. I think I'm failing somewhere in copyToRollerEntry - either it
thinks my list of categories is null/empty, or that the scheme is
null/empty, or it thinks that the scheme doesn't match the weblog category
scheme, or thinks the term is null, or that it doesn't match a valid
category.

This *might* more properly be a rome-propomo question, but I don't think
the problem is on that end. If it's any relevance, I'm running Roller 5.0.3
on Glassfish 3.1.2, with a Derby DB, and Java 7.

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 9:23 AM, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, that is correct. Atom Categories that have that scheme are considered
> to be "real" categories, i.e. those defined by the blog "foo". Atom
> Categories with no scheme are considered to be tags.
>
> - Dave
>

> On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 8:49 AM, James Scott <jamesas@vt.edu> wrote:
>
> > Okay, that should help considerably. My main stumbling block is what this
> > bit of code does, exactly:
> >
> > RollerAtomService.getWeblogCategoryScheme(rollerEntry.getWebsite())
> >
> > For example, if I have a blog named (& titled) 'foo' , and am testing
> this
> > locally, will it return something like "http://localhost:8080/roller/foo
> "
> > ?
> >

> > On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Dave <snoopdave@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > You should be able to set categories publish time and other things via
> > APP.
> > >
> > > Here's the code that processes incoming Atom entries:
> > >

> https://github.com/apache/roller/blob/trunk/app/src/main/java/org/apache/roller/weblogger/webservices/atomprotocol/EntryCollection.java#L393
> > >
> > > - Dave

> via
> > > Atom
> > is
> > entry -
> > another

> dates,
> > > etc,

> the

> > the

> > other
> > Protocol.
> > > It
> > APP,

This message and any attached documents are only for the use of the intended recipient(s),
are confidential and may contain privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, retransmission,
or other disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately, and then delete the original message. Thank you.