roller-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: List of recent posts for a separate page
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 00:54:43 GMT
Hi Dennis, in your case, I'd recommend working with Roller trunk, as
it's just much smaller and more pleasant to work with, and potential
patches and other problems are considerably more likely to get fixed
there.  If you look at the many servlets defined in Roller's web.xml,
regardless of Roller version, maybe the code for UserDataServlet and
PlanetFeedServlet can give you an idea of the type of coding
(non-velocity) needed to return a desired response.  Doing a code search
on "velocity" in Roller's servlets package (in trunk, the package is
org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.rendering.servlets, perhaps the same on
the 5.0.x branch) can give you servlets more specific to what you're
trying to do.

Glen