roller-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: List of recent posts for a separate page
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:50:02 GMT
Oops, misunderstood your request.  You can access the underlying
database directly, or rely on either the RSS or Atom feeds with a
mixture of CSS -- a google is showing there's several websites around on
mixing CSS & RSS/Atom.  There are also Meta Weblog and Blogger APIs
meant for interfacing with desktop client blogging tools that you might
also be able to pull data out with -- look for the "EditURI" link in the
HTML header when viewing the HTML source of your blog.

Alternatively, make the front page of your site Roller by creating
another quasi-blog using the built-in "front page" theme that you can
modify to your heart's content-- by default, it looks similar to this:
http://www.jroller.com/) or activate the "Planet" feature for your blog,
I haven't used the latter though and it may have some problems with it,
I don't know.  Twitter is another option -- if you tweet your articles
you can embed a Twitter gadget into your static page.

HTH,
Glen