roller-user mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error deploying roller.war tomcat7
Date Sat, 30 Nov 2013 11:30:40 GMT
That's the version of the document I was referring to -- the latest from
SVN trunk -- we have a link to the same on our Roller home page.

I work with Tomcat 7 w/5-1 SNAPSHOT on Ubuntu at home, and my upcoming
blog at http://web-gmazza.rhcloud.com/blog/ presently uses Tomcat 7 also.

I would certainly remove roller-startup.log from your
roller-custom.properties file--the permission problem could be two
threads trying to write to that same file simultaneously due to your
configuration of it in that file.  roller-startup.log is the (usually
always empty) file created by Roller before it reads your
roller-custom.properties file (and uses the usual roller.log logging
file configured there), it's meant to record any errors that occur
before that beginning step only, so it's nonsensical to include it in
the config file.  (I'm not sure we really need roller-startup.log
anymore, if Roller fries before it even gets to the config file I would
think system logging should be the place for users to go.)

Glen